How to create a website design for a transportation company that attracts customers? It does not matter what kind of business you are in – passenger transport, international transport or the services of a logistics company – what matters is that you meet the customer’s expectations. And what does the customer want when he turns to a transport company? Time and safety. The customer wants a quality service from a company that has proven reliability.
Competition among companies providing transportation services in the United States is very high. That’s why you can not do without effective SEO promotion and contextual advertising here either. But here we will talk only about design rules.
Where can you get ideas for the design of your transport website?
- Here on temeforest with search filter “transportation web design’.
- You can also use Envato with the same search conditions.
- On Dribble you can find good ideas for design development.
- Behance is also a good way to find good design examples.
A transportation company’s website is important in attracting potential customers to the company. It is important to make sure that visitors do not leave the website, or better yet, take the initiative to become your customer after reading the information on the website.
Keep it simple and clean
A cluttered website can confuse visitors and make it difficult for them to find what they are looking for. Make sure your design is clean and simple, with easy-to-read fonts and a clear navigation menu.
Use white space, which refers to the areas of a website that are left blank, such as the space between paragraphs, images, and other design elements. Using white space can help keep your website clean and uncluttered, making it easier for visitors to focus on the essential information.
Use simple navigation. It is critical to helping visitors find the information they are looking for. A clear, easy-to-understand navigation menu that can be accessed from any page on the site can greatly improve the user experience.
Keeping your website design simple and clean is essential for creating a positive user experience. By utilizing white space, clear navigation, easy-to-read fonts, consistent design, and high-quality images, you can create a website that is both visually appealing and easy to use.
Use high-quality images
Images are a great way to showcase your transport and logistics services. Use high-quality images that are relevant to your business to make your website more visually appealing. Use a photo of your real car as a background image. It’s proven that customers feel much more comfortable when they see photos of real employees on the website, not smiling people from Shatterstock.
Use high-quality images that are relevant to your transport and logistics services. For example, photos of your vehicles, warehouses, logistics operations, and employees. High-quality images help to make your website more visually appealing and can help to build trust with potential customers.
Use real photos of your employees on your website, as this can help to build a personal connection with potential customers. It also shows that you value and appreciate your employees, which can improve employee morale and job satisfaction. And you’ll let your employees know that you appreciate their work, which will spur them on to do even better.
Use a photo of your real car as a background image, as this can help to showcase your transport services and make your website more visually appealing. However, make sure that the background image does not interfere with the readability of your website’s text.
Make it mobile-friendly
More and more people are accessing websites on their mobile devices, so it’s important that your website is mobile-friendly. This means that it should be easy to navigate on a smaller screen and that all of the content should be easily accessible.
There is no customer today who does not have a smartphone or tablet. Your customers can visit your website at any time, even if they are not sitting in front of their computer screen. And employees can always stay in touch with them. By the way, even Google itself puts the mobile version of the website in the first place.
Another important point in customizability is data storage and management. Your carriers or drivers can use mobile gadgets to fill out online forms with delivery and shipping status information, which significantly reduces paperwork and saves employees’ time.
Provide clear calls-to-action
Make it clear what you want your visitors to do on your website, whether it’s to request a quote, sign up for your newsletter, or contact you for more information. Use clear and prominent CTA buttons on your website to guide visitors towards taking a specific action.
For example, if you want visitors to request a quotation for transportation service, make sure that there is a prominent “Request a Quote” button on your homepage and throughout your website.
Place your CTAs in strategic locations on your website, such as in the header, footer, or sidebar. Make sure that they are visible and easily accessible to visitors. Test your CTAs and messaging regularly to see what works best for your website and your visitors. Use analytics tools to track the performance of your CTAs and make adjustments as needed.
Showcase your expertise
Use your website to showcase your expertise in the transport and logistics industry. This could include case studies, customer testimonials, and blog posts on industry-related topics. Focus the customer’s attention on your strengths. If you have been in the transportation industry for more than a year, be sure to mention that.
Case studies are a powerful tool for demonstrating your expertise and the success of your transportation company. Use case studies to showcase your experience in solving complex transportation and logistics problems for clients.
Be sure to highlight your experience in the transportation industry on your website. Mention the number of years your company has been in business and provide details on your areas of expertise.
Use a responsive design
A responsive design means that your website will adjust to fit the screen size of the device it’s being viewed on. This is important because it ensures that your website looks good and functions properly on all devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
Why should your web design and website be responsive? Responsive design ensures that your website provides a consistent user experience regardless of the device they are using. This means that visitors can easily access your content and services no matter what device they are using.
Responsive design is essential to attract and retain mobile users. By ensuring your website is optimized for mobile devices, you can attract more mobile visitors and improve the user experience for mobile users.
Search engines like Google prefer websites with responsive design because they offer visitors a better user experience. This means that a responsive design can help improve your search engine rankings and drive more visitors to your website.
If your website is not optimized for mobile devices, visitors may have a poor user experience and leave your website quickly, resulting in a high bounce rate. A responsive design can help lower bounce rates by providing a consistent and user-friendly experience across all devices.
Keep it accessible
Make sure your website is accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities. This means using alt tags for images, providing captions for videos, and ensuring that the website is easy to navigate with a screen reader.
Use alt tags for images. Alt tags provide a description of the images on your website for those who are visually impaired or using a screen reader. Make sure to include alt tags for all images on your website, and use descriptive language to accurately describe the content of the image.
Add captions for videos. Providing captions for videos can make your website more accessible for those who are deaf or hard of hearing. This helps to ensure that everyone can access the content on your website, regardless of their abilities.
Test your website. Testing your website for accessibility can help you identify any issues that may be present and ensure that your website is accessible to everyone. There are a variety of accessibility testing tools available online that can help you evaluate your website’s accessibility.
Include contact information
Making it easy for visitors to get in touch with you is crucial for a transportation company, as it allows potential customers to ask questions and get the information they need to make informed decisions.
Include contact information on every page. Make sure that your contact information is easily accessible on every page of your website. This could be in the footer section or in a dedicated “Contact Us” section in the header of your website. This ensures that visitors can easily find your contact information, no matter where they are on your website.
Provide multiple ways to contact you. Provide multiple ways for visitors to get in touch with you, including your phone number, email address, physical address, and a contact form. This gives visitors the flexibility to choose the contact method that works best for them. Show your company emails, phones, messengers, social networks and also add an online chat to make contacting you even more convenient.
Show the pricing
When it comes to providing services for a transportation company, customers expect transparency and clarity when it comes to pricing and quotes. To make sure that potential customers are not confused or misled, it’s important to describe the services you offer honestly and with clear pricing. Here are some additional details on how to achieve this:
- Be Transparent: Being transparent about the services you offer can help to build trust with potential customers. Provide clear and concise descriptions of your services, including any limitations or restrictions. Be honest about what your services entail, and avoid using vague or ambiguous language.
- Clear Pricing: Customers want to know how much they will be paying for the services you offer. Provide clear pricing information, including any additional fees or charges that may apply. Avoid using complicated pricing structures or confusing quotes.
- Separate Freight Rates: If your transportation company provides freight services, consider creating a separate page on your website that provides clear and detailed information on freight rates. This can help potential customers to understand the costs associated with freight services and make more informed decisions.
Describe the services you offer honestly and with clear pricing. Customers do not like complicated, convoluted quotes. You can create a separate page with freight rates.
Show the reviews
Most of the internet users read reviews about the company, product and services before buying anything or using the services. Put real customer reviews on your homepage. This is a proof of your reliability. Include a thank you note with every review. Otherwise, it will give the impression that you wrote the reviews for the website yourself.
Including customer reviews on your transport website can be an effective way to demonstrate the reliability and quality of your transportation company’s products and services.
According to a survey by BrightLocal, 87% of consumers read online reviews before making a purchase, and 94% say that a negative review has convinced them to avoid a business.
Here are some additional details about why and how to include customer reviews on your homepage:
- The Power of Social Proof: Customer reviews provide social proof, which is the idea that people are influenced by the actions and opinions of others. When potential customers see positive reviews from real customers, it can help to build trust and credibility in your transportation company’s brand.
- Genuine Reviews: It’s essential to include genuine reviews from real customers on your website. Avoid creating fake reviews or testimonials, as this can damage your brand’s reputation if customers find out. Instead, encourage satisfied customers to leave reviews on your website, social media platforms, or review sites like Yelp or Google.
- Placement: Consider placing customer reviews prominently on your homepage, where visitors are likely to see them. This could be in a dedicated section or scattered throughout the page. You could also consider including a rating or review system that allows customers to rate their experience with your company directly on your website.
Structure of transport website
The structure of a transport company website can vary depending on the company’s services, target audience, and business goals. However, here is a general outline of the key sections that a transportation company website may include:
- Homepage. The homepage should provide a clear and concise overview of your transportation company’s services and expertise. It should include a prominent call-to-action (CTA) button that guides visitors towards taking a specific action, such as requesting a quote or contacting you for more information.
- About Us. The About Us section should provide information on your transportation company’s history, mission, and values. It should also highlight your team’s experience and expertise in the transportation industry.
- Services. The Services section should provide detailed information on the transportation services that your company offers, including any specialized services that set you apart from competitors.
- Freight Rates. If your company offers freight services, a separate page for freight rates can provide transparent pricing information and help potential customers make informed decisions.
- Case Studies/Testimonials. Including case studies and customer testimonials can demonstrate your transportation company’s expertise and the success of your services.
- Blog. A blog section can provide valuable industry insights and showcase your transportation company’s thought leadership.
- Contact Us. The Contact Us section should provide multiple contact methods, including a phone number, email address, and physical address. It should also include a contact form that visitors can use to send inquiries.
- Careers. If your transportation company is hiring, a careers section can provide information on available positions and how to apply.
- FAQs. Including a section for frequently asked questions (FAQs) can help visitors quickly find answers to common questions about your transportation services.
- News/Press Releases. A news or press release section can provide updates on your transportation company’s latest developments and accomplishments.
- Gallery/Video. Including a gallery or video section can showcase your transportation company’s fleet, facilities, and logistics operations.
By including these sections on your transportation company website, you can provide a comprehensive overview of your services, expertise, and industry thought leadership, and guide visitors towards taking specific actions that can help you achieve your business goals.
A beautiful, user-friendly and adaptable website is now a business asset that generates additional profits, attracts customers and elevates your image in the transportation services market. By following the above mentioned rules, you can create an effective web design for a transport and logistics company that showcases your services and expertise, while also making it easy for visitors to find the information they need and get in touch with you. If you need help with custom design development, let us know, we’ll be happy to help.